We're looking for an Associate Product Manager (APM) who can collaborate with and support our product manager, engineers, designers, and cross-functional team members to solve customer problems and elevate the Primex’s product offering. You will contribute to the future of some of Primex's most used products and features, with an opportunity to learn from and interact with an extensive and passionate customer base. This position is located at Primex’s Head Office in Langley, BC.
Reporting to the Product Manager (PM), the Associate Product Manager (APM) will support the PM in a range of activities that includes but is not limited to: stakeholder engagement, feature prioritization, market research, quantification and validation of new product ideas and requests. This includes the management of existing products as they are tailored to meet new customer demands and needs.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will work on a variety of products within the Primex Product Family. This includes products from our Media Distribution Enclosure, Outside Plant and Smart Home product lines as well as their associated product family accessories. In this role, the APM represents the vital and business relevant connection between sales, customers, the market and engineering.
- Helping to define and execute on new product features and product enhancements.
- Works closely with Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to bring new products and features to market; this includes collecting, understanding, and communicating product requirements.
- Identify new product opportunities that are in line with business goals.
- Understand User needs and preferred experiences, balancing User needs with business needs.
- Developing design documentation, prototypes, visualization and/or videos around product features.
- Prepare and provide product reports and analyses, answering product growth questions and inquiries.
- Help to determine the cost of products.
- Works closely with Project Management to ensure products are delivered on schedule and in alignment with product requirements.
- Collaborates with marketing to create & manage of Product Change Notices (PCNs), product End-of-Life Notices (EOLs) and New Feature Release Notices.
- Coordinate with onshore and offshore vendors for component parts.
- Provide product support to both internal and external team members including Project Managers, Primex Sales, Support teams and customers. This is usually accomplished through with effective communication tools such as demos, user guides and release notes.
- Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying and executing the research needed to obtain market information.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of development processes and team culture.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trade shows; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
Who you are:
- You are tenacious; determined to succeed, and are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- You are curious; always learning and seeking ways to make things better. You are self-motivated and know how to find answers.
- You are reliable and have strong integrity, taking your commitments to others (stakeholders, customers, and the business) seriously.
- You respect and learn from the perspectives of others.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years relevant experience in fiber installation and repair in residential market.
- Strong technical ability with relevant product development or engineering working experience with physically manufactured product(s) a strong asset
- Installation of structured wiring, audio and Smart Home technologies would be considered an asset. Additionally, experience with a major telecommunications company would also be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective in stakeholder management.
- Must be comfortable presenting to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams and various geographical locations.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- An academic background in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or product design would be an asset.
- Possess solid business acumen and strategic thinking.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and a passion for technology would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance - UL, CSA and/or Bellcore/Telecordia is an asset.
- Experience in a customer facing role is an asset.
- Competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits plan - medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D
- RRSP matching program; 5% after 1 year of service
- Family-feel, team-oriented, collaborative environment
Learn and grow: We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
Our goal with this position is to launch a passionate individual into a Product Management career faster than conventional means. Throughout their time with Primex, the candidates will get hands-on Product Management experience through direct collaboration and mentorship within multiple facets of the Primex organization – this includes Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Production and Finance. The goal: to graduate an APM candidate into a full-fledged Product Manager position within the Primex organization where they are responsible for their own product line and business sector.