Product Manager – Telecommunications – Outside Plant
- Great opportunity for a Product Manager with telecommunications or fiber optic experience!
- Highly competitive salary plus great benefits with this industry leader!
- Join a friendly team environment with lots of diversity, challenge and exciting opportunities for travel!
Whatever the communication technology you’re installing—from fiber optics to copper to wireless—and whatever the size and scope of the installation, Primex is your choice for innovative, adaptable enclosure designs. At Primex, we design and build enclosure solutions that match your project needs and business objectives. Our products make better connectivity possible by providing our customers with the right fit at the right price.
A New Opportunity Awaits
Primex is currently seeking an innovative Product Manager to join our Engineering team on a full-time basis.
Based in Langley and reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will use your experience with Telecommunications Outside Plant Enclosures and your network in the industry to be the driving force behind the development of new products, as well as being responsible for the entire product lifecycle (product conception, development, roll-out, field deployment, market penetration and phase out) of your respective product line.
Working on a variety of projects and products, your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Determining customers' needs and desires by specifying and executing the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommending the nature and scope of present and future products by reviewing and validating product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas or product changes; evaluate feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of design requests.
- Advocating new product ideas within the Product Solution Delivery (PSD) Process, take responsibility specifically for Phase 0 of the process and constructively contribute to all later Phases during the Product Delivery process. Maintain a high level of communication with all parties involved.
- Assessing market competition, create reports comparing Primex’ products with competitors' products.
- Assessing customer network specifications and assist in procuring specified components and work towards value engineering part substitutions where possible to increase value.
- Specifying system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings or specifications to illustrate how devices, parts, equipment or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained or used.
- Developing and coordinate aspects of production, of manufacturing methods, assembly, fabrication and operation of product designs.
- Investigating product failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations.
- Supporting Sales by providing technical information to develop product sales strategies.
- Creating feedback and product market data by close collaboration with sales an attending customer and trade show visits on demand.
- Providing information for management by preparing product reports and analyses, answering questions and requests.
- Bringing new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs, collaborate with Sales and customers to establish product specifications, determine market value and sales volumes of product proposals.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trade shows; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Supporting Management in the maintenance and development of Engineering procedures.
If you have a Bachelor of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or relevant discipline) and knowledge of telecommunications, this is a great opportunity for you!
The successful candidate must have direct multi-year OSP experience in the telecommunications, fiber optics and cable television market space.
Most importantly, our ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Extraordinary technical abilities. An academic background in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering would be highly relevant.
- Solid understanding of the telecommunications market and specifically the role of fiber optics in relation to FTTx market, MDE and Smart Home technologies.
- Direct experience with the last mile equipment, termination and technologies – Fiber and Copper.
- Thorough understanding of role and evolution of both active Ethernet and PON networking systems as well as working familiarity with RFoG systems and new triple play technology developments.
- The ability to research and anticipate technology trends is essential in addition to understanding competitors and their ‘roadmaps’.
- Strong problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and a passion for technology would be advantageous.
- Project management skills demonstrated through a PMP designation or work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and develop plans and strategies to clearly communicate complex business issues and technological solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams and various geographical locations.
If you consider yourself to be a self-starter and a flexible and adaptable team player, don't miss this opportunity to become a pivotal member of the Primex Engineering team.
With a host of big-name clients, opportunities for growth and career progression with Primex are endless.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you can expect to receive a competitive salary based on your experience, you will also receive a host of great benefits, including:
· Annual bonus
· Comprehensive health benefits plan - medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D
· MSP premium assistance
· RRSP matching program
· Opportunities to attend global conferences and trade shows
Best of all, you also will reap the rewards of being part of our exceptional company culture. Our company is founded on six core values: Safety, Connection, Collaboration, Integrity, Creativity and Innovation.
At Primex, we always look out for each other, we respect each other and we are 100% engaged with the work we do. We take accountability for our mistakes, but this doesn't stop our innate desire to be bold, try new things and stay ahead of the game.
If you're as innovative and dedicated as we are, don't miss this exciting opportunity to use your experience to take your career to the new heights - join the Primex team today!